1/09/2011

Welcome 2011 + favourite Boo Hoo performances of 2010

Welcoming a new year is a good opportunity to wish all of you all the best for 2011 and to thank you for your support in 2010. How undoubtedly great looking into the future might be, taking a look in the past surely guarantees some major fun too!
So gather around the screen folks, because here are some of my favourite Boo Hoo moments in 2010 and their stories! Enjoy, your Bernhard Boo Hoo



Madonna's Greatest Hits/Juicy (Notorious BIG cover), 03/07/2010, Goodbye Blue Monday, New York
With a slightly melancholy feeling on my birthday, thousands of miles away from home I sang myself a birthday song in a Brooklyn backyard festival at Goodbye Blue Monday. I combined it with "Juicy" by Notorious BIG, probably my favourite song ever. After singing that one I didn't feel that melancholy anymore, because so many friends were around + I had to face the challenge of finding a BBQ for that steak I brought with me in mistaken hope of aBBQ that was not going to take place. I love New York!



Madonna's Greatest Hits, 09/07/2010, Pop In, Paris
Heavily excited about to perform at "Pop-In" in Paris France we found ourselves blessed with a crowded place and an audience, that was listening, laughing and giving as an amazingly lovely time. Our birthday song "Madonna's Greatest Hits" seemed to really make this birthday a very special one for the boy we sang it for. Friend Pollyanna and Oliver from our other Paris show at Oliver Peel session showed up, and we walked home in a warm french late summer rain.



All Summer Long (Phoebe Kreutz Cover), 09/10/2010, La Tournerie, Valence
Last night was Fun: Amelie and I played the Phoebe Kreutz Hit "All Summer Long" at "La Tournerie" in Valence. Before the show we had a white wine tasting, and after the show we got invited for Gin Tonics.
Tomorrow is gonna be Fun too: There couldn't be a better occasion to play a summer song than in the sunny south of France. After falling asleep at 3 in the morning, we had to get up at 5, because our lovely host was going to dj at a far away wedding...3 hours later, we went swimming in the Mediteranian Sea.



Afghan Hounds, 03/05/2010, Mr. Patrick's, New York
One of my dearest memories of 2010 sure was a show I played at Rick Patrick's house up in Harlem. Not only because the other performers of that night were just about the most talented and bright one's I have had the chance to see during my time in Brooklyn (Dan Costello & Rachel Devlin, Scott Loving, Debe Dalton). It also was because of the very unique magic that whole evening held. The freezing cold saturday in march was full of riding crowded subway trains all over Manhattan, lovely talks on sidewalks, donuts, 99 cent lattes, and definitely the most unique crowd I've ever played for. Mr. Patrick's mostly well situated neighbours were dedicated listeners, incredibly nice people and in some cases the typical New York excentric I've always imagined only to be TV fiction. After the show we rode the trains back to Brooklyn and had really greasy and very satisfying fried chicken in the middle of a magic winter night!